Friday 18 November 2011

King Sound Quartet - The Get-Down Imperative (1997) & Annihilate This Week (1996)



King Sound Quartet was a short-lived Mick Collins (The Gories, Dirtbombs) project that evolved out of the break-up of his second band Blacktop. Members included Blacktop's bass player Alex Cuervo and Tim Kerr (Big Boys, Poison 13). There's a little bit of everything on this record. There's elements of blues, soul, R&B, garage rock, punk, free-jazz etc. "The Get Down Imperative" was a vinyl only pressing and I don't know exactly how many were made but I had a really hard time tracking down a copy so I'm guessing there weren't many. In The Red Records had planned on rereleasing it a while back but it never happened for whatever reason. I've also included their first single "Annihilate This Week."

Download

1 comment:

  1. Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. I will be looking forward to read your posts.Hope will come up with more...

    ReplyDelete