Wednesday 15 October 2008

Disappearer - S/T (2006) & Winter Sessions (2008)


Disappearer is a post-metal band from Boston.  Their first EP is completely instrumental and with Winter Sessions they added vocals.  Generally speaking, I've never been much of a fan of singing in the majority of metal bands.  The whole grunt/growl/screaming sound of most metal bands just isn't my thing and can often ruin otherwise cool songs a lot of times.  A good example is the band North who were a great instrumental band that added vocals to their last album and just completely ruined it for me.  I thought the same thing about Winter Sessions at first, but has since grown on me.  Now I feel the vocals really keep it from sounding like every other post-metal band out there.  For fans of Pelican and Isis.

No comments:

Post a Comment