Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Thrones - Untitled Demo (1996) & Melvins - Joe Preston (1992)



This is Joe Preston's very first release as Thrones that was released as a cassette from the "Punk In My Vitamins" label.  I don't know how many of these are out there exactly but my guess is not a lot.  They were probably given out at shows just as a taste until his first proper LP Alurane came out.  There are no song titles, just side A and side B.


I'm also including Joe's Melvins solo record which could really be considered the first Thrones record technically speaking.  With the song Hand Over Speaking sounding a lot like Joe's pre-Melvins band Earth.  This record actually came out a year before Earth 2 which is considered by many to be the record that kicked off the whole drone/doom genre.  Now this is all subjective of course, but I think everyone understands my point.  It's something to think about... It's my personal favorite of the Melvins solo albums.



2 comments:

  1. Great post! This is my favorite gender, all is about protest music, specially the side B. I couldn't ignore the rhythmic because is something special and most of the followers can support my opinion. I think we need more time to explore each entry of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please reupload this dead links

    ReplyDelete