Tuesday 9 September 2008

Thrones - Untitled Demo (1996) & Melvins - Joe Preston (1992)



This is Joe Preston's very first release as Thrones that was released as a cassette from the "Punk In My Vitamins" label.  I don't know how many of these are out there exactly but my guess is not a lot.  They were probably given out at shows just as a taste until his first proper LP Alurane came out.  There are no song titles, just side A and side B.


I'm also including Joe's Melvins solo record which could really be considered the first Thrones record technically speaking.  With the song Hand Over Speaking sounding a lot like Joe's pre-Melvins band Earth.  This record actually came out a year before Earth 2 which is considered by many to be the record that kicked off the whole drone/doom genre.  Now this is all subjective of course, but I think everyone understands my point.  It's something to think about... It's my personal favorite of the Melvins solo albums.



3 comments:

  1. Great post! This is my favorite gender, all is about protest music, specially the side B. I couldn't ignore the rhythmic because is something special and most of the followers can support my opinion. I think we need more time to explore each entry of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please reupload this dead links

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica bags sydney Visit Website y2t35x4m43 replica bags karachi check r9s14u5f78 buy replica bags online replica chanel bags ebay replica bags aaa gucci replica n7i71j3b68 replica bags lv

    ReplyDelete